This is my Blog

This is my Blog. Not much, but its mine.
It'll mostly be about fishing. There may be other stuff. Primarily I write it for me, but please say hello if you happen to find yourself here

Sunday 22 January 2012

Lindholme Laurels 22nd Jan

OK, so this year I'll really try to blog every match of the year. (again)
No peg photo, but I drew Laurels 33 -- also the golden peg, so that was wasted.
This was the first Big Bash club match of the year.
It was cold, and very very windy.
33 is on a point and i had the wind mostly in my back.
I fished pole, 6 sections straight out, also fed maggots sparingly on the margins, hoping for some margin crusing trout.

I had a couple of skimmers on the pole, and bounced off three more (i really need to get sorted), but the bites were just not there.
A switch to straight lead and corn brought a carp straight away, but then nothing.
one more about 30 mins later, then for the last two and a half hours i couldn't buy a bite.
weighed 8lb 9oz and came 10th (out of 25) Not a great start.

No comments: